- Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN)
- GSA Network
- LGBTQ Student Resources & Support
- Point Foundation
- Safe Schools Coalition
- The Trevor Project
- It Gets Better
- Q Chat Space
- Ultimate Guide to Resources for LGBTQ+ Students (Coupon Follow)
- Modern Military Assocation of America
- American Veterans for Equal Rights
- Palm Center
- Transgender American Veterans Association
- Veterans for Human Rights
- National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE)
- Sylvia Rivera Law Project
- Transgender Law Center
- Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund
- Trans Lifeline
- National Resource Center for LGBT Aging
- Services and Advocacy for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Elders (SAGE)
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- Lambda Legal
- The LGBT Bar
- National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR)
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- Family Acceptance Project
- Family Equality Council
- Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Teens: Facts for Teens and Their Parents
- Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Adolescents
- Anti-Violence Project
- Matthew Shepard Foundation
- Movement Advancement Project
- Out & Equal
- Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG)
- Straight for Equality
- The Williams Institute
- Soul Force – http://soulforce.org/ – Family that travels and does speaking events, have a ton of materials on their site, and do an “equality ride” (super cool), all from a Christian perspective
- The “Not All Like That” (NALT) Project – http://notalllikethat.org – videos of (awesome) Christians (mostly families) explaining how they fully support LGBTQ people and that being Christian shouldn’t mean being anti-gay.
- Religious Institute — http://www.religiousinstitute.org — “A multifaith organization dedicated to advocating for sexual health, education, and justice in faith communities and society.”
- Equality Federation
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
- National LGBTQ Task Force
- Victory Fund
- Sex Ed for Social Change (SIECUS)
- Guidelines for Care of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Patients
- Access to and Inclusion in Behavioral Health Services for GLBTQI Consumers
- LGBTQIA+ Mental Health: Recommendations for Policies and Services
Answer — http://answer.rutgers.edu/page/training — A sex education resource aimed at providing high-quality training to teachers and other youth-serving professionals. Includes online workshops, webinars, and other resources about LGBTQ inclusive/sensitive sex ed and more.
Everyday Feminism — www.everydayfeminism.com — “Learn how to heal from and stand up to everyday violence, discrimination, and marginalization,” with plenty of articles about class, gender, LGBTQIA issues, and race.
Get Real — www.getrealeducation.org — “Comprehensive Sex Education That Works.”
It’s Pronounced Metrosexual — www.itspronouncedmetrosexual.com — an online resource educating on issues of identity, sexuality, gender, privilege, and oppression, but in a fun, approachable way (by Safe Zone Project co-creator, Sam Killermann).
Articles & Blog Posts
- 15+ Fantastic Resources for Talking about Homosexuality and The Bible
- 17 Lies We Need to Stop Telling Girls About Sex
- 17 Lies We Need to Stop Telling Boys About Sex
- 30+ Examples of Christian Privilege
- 30+ Examples of Cisgender Privilege
- 30+ Examples of Heterosexual Privilege in the US
- 30+ Examples of Male Privilege
- 30+ Examples of Middle-to-Upper Class Privilege
- 5 Reasons Why So Many People Believe Feminism Hates Men and Why They’re Not True
- Anti-Oppression and the Fight for LGBTQ Equality
- Breaking through the binary: Gender explained using continuums
- Butch, Please
- Everyone is Gay
- GLSEN Think B4 You Speak
- Leading Effective Classroom Discussions on Controversial Topics
- Meg Allen’s “Butch” photo project
- NPR’s Men In America series
- On Trans* Safety in Public Bathrooms
- The Parents Project
- Scoop.It Gender and Education
- What does the asterisk in “trans*” stand for?
- What I Be
- Words we Don’t Use
Finding Better Terms and Definitions
- An Ally’s Guide to Terminology: This is the official GLAAD handbook and a good guide for those hoping to run GSAs or for school administrators unused to correct terminology.
- Planned Parenthood’s Sexual Orientation and Gender Guides: Learn about the differences between biological sex, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
- The American Psychological Association’s LGBTQ Questions and Answers: Get answers to questions about sexual orientation, trans identities, and more.
- The Gender Unicorn: Identify your gender identity, gender expression, types of attraction, and more.
- The Coming Out Handbook: The Trevor Project has a great self-care guide for young people coming out.
- LGBTQ-Inclusive Language Do’s and Don’ts: This resources lists real-world examples of harmful and helpful terminologies.
- A Comprehensive List of LGBTQ+ Vocabulary: This awesome glossary has a lot of need-to-know LGBTQ+ information.
Videos that are helpful, insightful, educational, and otherwise noteworthy.
- “Do I Sound Gay?” Documentary
- The Mask We Live In Documentary
- SEX+ A Frank Video Series About Sexuality with Laci Green Youtube Channel
Bite-sized learning that fits on an 8.5 by 11 inch canvas, and can do some good hanging on a bulletin board or in someone’s hand.
- Queer Umbrella Handout
- What to do When Someone Comes Out of the Closet Handout
- LGBTQ+ Language DOs and DON’Ts Handout
- Genderbread Person v4.1 Activity
- Coming Out (ASERT)
- Figuring Out Your Sexual Orientation (ASERT)
- Homophobia (ASERT)
- LGBTQ Supports for Bullying and Harassment (ASERT)
- Sexual Orientation and Sexual Orientation (ASERT)
- General LGBTQI Information (ASERT)