Good Day! Here is today’s Autism News Digest for today, Wednesday, April 12, 2023.
Acceptance and Awareness
- District Honors Individuals During 13th Annual Autism Expo
- Men’s Lacrosse Takes Part in Connor’s Game for Autism Awareness
- Bracelets for Autism: 7-year-old starts business to support families and friends with autism
- Be an ally outside of April
- April is Autism Acceptance Month
- Colorado nonprofit teaching trades to autistic community
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport introduces Hidden Disabilities Sunflower Program in the terminal for passengers with non-visible disabilities
On The Beat
- Clyde mom wants to share her knowledge of resources for children with autism
- Quebec teen talks up book she wrote based on her experience with autism
- Lawsuit claims children with autism were abused at St. Tammany School
- “How can these workers, with only a few days training, understand all the behavioral issues in order to provide adequate care to each individual?” says mother of Community Living resident
- Why We Need to Move From Autism Awareness to Autism Acceptance
- Children with autism can have trouble sleeping. These interventions can help.